Wednesday, April 14, 2010

correction & explanation

Happy Day! I was able to upload email. Actually, it's probably been good for me to be without. I'm much too tied to technology.

Explanation: When I wrote that Vern was sitting in a blind, this is not a real blind like one sees on the Outdoor channel..........this is an all natural blind, which means we were sitting behind a bush, and believe me there are plenty of those in this country and nearly every last one has thorns. When were got the Kudu, Dirk thought Vern had more blood on his arms than the Kudu had............really not true, and Vern is not complaining.

Correction: When Vern saw the two red hartebeests fighting they were only about 15 or 20 FEET away - - not 40 yards as I reported on the last blog. Plus they had a wildebeest walk right up to within about 10 feet. He couldn't see them behind the bushes.

This afternoon there will be yet another new experience. This morning Vern shot through some very, very thick brush at a male steenbok. There was simply a comedy of errors, that we don't have it in the bag, but Dirk & David think he hit it. Oh well, it'll make for another story! Now this afternoon we will round up all the help we can find, including some of us women and go see if we can find it..........believe me, nothing goes to waste, when it comes to meat for the table.

To be continued..............

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shirley & Vern - Vern, I knew I should have gone with you! things are going fine and the grass is growing.
    Vern, you have some very nice trophies - Abe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will ALL the stories be TRUE or embelished just a little to make them more interesting???? :o)

    ReplyDelete