Monday, April 12, 2010

More fun & more success

This afternoon I stayed at camp for the later afternoon hunt.........finally I figured out how to connect my own computer, instead of using Dirks. It was a rather stupid mistake. Now I don't have to use Dirk's computer, but the problem with the Internet continues. We're far too many miles from the tower and it's simply not reliable.

Vern would really like if I could upload a photo or two, so this evening I think I will try.

It was so nice to hear from Heidi & Amanda, and I'm glad you finally thought to go to the blog. The problem with email is that I'm downloading too much junk, along with the good, so I probably will not check email until we get to town...........maybe not until next week. And nice to hear from a few others too.

The big news for Vern is that he got an Impala. Oh..........we hunted hard and the wait was so worth it. Dirk thinks he's got one that matches some of those in the record books.

I will try to load a picture, after I post this.

What can I say, in my few minutes? Maybe talk about the African sky?? You must see it to believe it. I can't capture it with camera, but I will try. Blue clear skies will change to blue skies with dotted clouds and the clouds cast a shadow on the plains. It's amazing.

We are enjoying ourselves so much - - many, many more stories to tell. I'm journaling daily in great detail!

I'll post now and see if I can upload a couple of picture.

Love to all, Shirley

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mom,
    Since you're not going to check email until next week and I thought you'd like to know this...we think Reuben is allergic to milk. :( Long story short I gave him some whole milk baby yogurt on Saturday and his bottom lip swelled up like a balloon. I gave him some Benadryl and he was fine, but oh, what a disappointment! Apparently Doug and I really have a bad combination of genes when it comes to making kids with food allergies. We'll take him to an allergist to have him tested to confirm the milk allergy and find out if he's allergic to anything else. The good news is that most kids grow out of milk allergies by the time they're 2-3...so now we can just hope that there isn't anything else. It's pretty discouraging, but I just keep reminding myself that there are worse things!

    Glad to hear you're having a great time! Other than this we're doing great here.

    Love,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete